Make the most of your holiday property with Blueriver Cottages
With both local and national expertise and support, you'll get the best of both worlds
Here in the South East coast of Devon, we have passionate, knowledgeable property specialists who can support you in getting your property ready to let. We're also part of the Original Cottages family, which means that you get additional benefits from our central team of experts. From pricing to marketing to property grading, we can ensure that your property is set up for a successful season, year after year.
A little more about us
We have a great team of truly local, friendly and enthusiastic staff.
With offices in the beautiful locations of Salcombe, Dartmouth and Torquay, most of the team are South Devon born and bred. Local knowledge is absolutely vital - it gives us access to a full range of suppliers and contractors for our homeowners and we can recommend the best places to visit for our guests.
Along with our experience, our local team are passionate about the industry they work in and aim to get the very best returns on your investment to make your holiday let a real success.
Keith Motson, General Manager
I absolutely want Blueriver Cottages to be the first agency people think of when they want to let their home or find a holiday cottage in this beautiful part of the country.
Melanie Toms, Portfolio Development Manager
I have grown up in and around South Devon and I feel very lucky to have found a job that I love right here!
Natalie Haxton, New Business Consultant
I have recently relocated back to Devon – my home, having always worked within the holiday letting industry both here in the West Country and across Europe.
Our response to Coronavirus (Covid-19)
From the start of the Covid-19 pandemic, we have, of course, been focused on supporting our homeowners, guests and staff. Safety has been our top priority, alongside timely information. In a world with so many unknowns, we have cut through the noise to give our homeowners clear, regular and informed communications about the situation, what it means to them, how we’re adapting, and what they need to do to adapt.
We have made sure that we’re always available on the end of a phone or email too, and the feedback from our homeowners has been fantastic – we, and they – feel like our relationships have only strengthened during this time.
And now, with holiday bookings on the up, we are helping our homeowners to make their properties safe and ready for visitors. We understand how holidaymakers’ needs are changing and advising our owners on how to optimise their property – from facilities, to pricing – to achieve their booking potential.
Some quotes from our homeowners:
"Just to say thank you so much for such a thoughtful and comprehensive update, and for all of the tips, it is much appreciated and very reassuring to receive."
"Thank you all. I am so relieved that our agency have demonstrated integrity and balance. Well done."
"Many thanks for the update. Your message underlines the professionalism shown every day by your company. Let’s look forward to a healthy and happy future."
See below for a short video from Natalie, our Lake District manager, talking about how we’ve helped homeowners during the Coronavirus pandemic.
Part of the family
Letting with Blueriver Cottages provides you with the best of both worlds: truly local expertise coupled with national exposure.
We are very proud of our local roots, but also feel very privileged to be part of a larger family. Our parent company, Original Cottages has grown from humble beginnings to a national brand. Still a family owned company, their ethos remains the same today: to provide the advantages of a personal, local service, but with countrywide reach. The benefits include:
• A sales support line open from 8am until 8pm Monday to Saturday and 10am until 6pm on Sundays.
• Specialist online marketing, including pay per click, search engine optimisation, affiliate marketing, website development and customer relationship management.
• IT development. (Our entire business is built on our own sophisticated software system)
• National business insights from a portfolio of nearly 5,000 holiday cottages.
Please view the following short video to learn how we and our family of brands benefit from being part of the Original Cottages group:
Why choose Blueriver Cottages?
Blueriver Cottages is a family-owned, local business. Since its launch, it has grown steadily in size and reputation to become the trusted expert for holiday homes in the South Hams and South Devon.
We do things differently
- We’re a family-owned business
- Our truly local team offer exceptional knowledge and experience
- We have local offices in Dartmouth, Salcombe and Torquay
- We can look after every aspect or tailor an arrangement to suit you
- Our commission rates are favourable
- We have a slick, high-tech website
- We offer a wide-reaching marketing strategy
And we’re passionate about what we do!
Whatever stage you’re at, we can help you along the way
Whether you’re considering investing in a holiday property, in the midst of building works or renovation, or are ready to go, we are always more than happy to discuss your requirements and answer any queries you may have.
A quick call or email is all it takes to start the ball rolling. Our dedicated property development staff will be in touch and are on hand every step of the way. We carry out a full property appraisal, produce tailored pricing recommendations and can manage any improvements or refurbishments you may wish to make before letting your home.
Thinking of letting your property? Why not get in touch with Mel and Natalie, our local property experts, to book a no obligation, free discussion to learn more about the services we offer. We also offer a free Homeowner Information Pack, which can be ordered using the form at the bottom of this page.
We also offer full property management
We can provide two levels of service: Bookings Only or Full Management, depending on your requirements.
Our Bookings Only service provides you with all your marketing needs and is an efficient and professional alternative to handling enquiries and bookings yourself. This includes:
- A premium listing on the Blueriver website, as well as our sister brand Marsdens Devon Cottages and parent brand Original Cottages
- National and international marketing.
- We also advertise with local tourist information centres, local publications and businesses
- Secure online booking and payments facility (enabling guests to check availability online and proceed with a booking 24/7)
- Fast and professional response to enquiries
- Payment processing (including Debit and Credit Cards)
- Booking confirmation and arrival instructions sent to guests
- Owners Login to our online property management system, enabling you to add your own bookings, monitor your accounts and draw down several other financial and statistical reports of your property’s performance.
An ideal solution for property owners who live away from the area, or are unable to handle the changeovers or property maintenance themselves.
In addition to all "bookings only" features, our full management service offers the following:
- Welcome Book - a list of information you need to include in your welcome book.
- Cleaning and laundry co-ordination (charges apply)
- Emergency Call Out (8am - 10pm) and Key Holding service, responding to all emergency calls out of normal office opening hours.
- Our cleaning team have access to a dedicated system that provides them with the details for every booking (guests names, arrival/departure times, duration of stay and any special requests or instructions), so they can ensure the property and any extras or essentials are there for when your guests arrive.
- Regular property checks (charges apply)
- Payment of bills e.g. maintenance contractors, household items, etc (on the owner’s behalf)
- Co-ordination of contractors for maintenance works (10% charge + VAT is applied to all contractors invoices)
Marketing for Success
Our website is the most important tool we have to promote our wonderful selection of properties. We are always adding relevant information to our site, which creates a good experience for holidaymakers as well as improving our online visibility.
In addition to our own websites, we pay to list your properties on 20+ affiliate websites, both in the UK and elsewhere in the EU, casting the net further still.
These include: Airbnb, Booking.com, Snaptrip, Holiday Lettings and HomeAway.
We offer our free magazine which highlights some of our properties and gives an overview of the different areas our portfolio is based in, as well as providing useful information and featured articles about things to do and places to see in the area. Not only does this attract new customers to Blueriver, we find it also encourages our existing customers to re-visit South Devon again.
We regularly communicate with our customers with personalised, targeted emailing, featuring properties which are most relevant to them. Thanks to social media, we are also able to target potential guests based on lookalike groups that match our target demographic.
Advertising & PR
We place carefully timed advertisements in local press and selected national magazines and papers.
We work with PR specialists, journalists and high profile bloggers to gain our cottages as much coverage as possible. We also work closely with local tourism agencies and a number of UK and overseas affiliates.
Local shows and events
We often attend local and county shows, which is a great way to meet holiday makers and chat about our holiday cottages. We have high quality displays, and branded materials for people to take away with them.
Additional benefits for our homeowners
10% Original Cottages discount
As we are part of the Original Cottages group, our homeowners enjoy a 10% discount off their own holidays.
With over 5,000 Original Cottages properties to choose from, you too could enjoy exploring the UK for less.
Exclusive discounts from our partners
We love loyal customers. So, to say thank you for choosing us, we’ve teamed up with a range of local and national companies to ensure that you are rewarded with some seriously great offers and discounts.
Find out more by requesting an Owner Information Pack today.
How to join our family
If you’re interested in letting with us our knowledgeable and friendly team members are on hand to advise and support you through the simple 3-step process.